Itinerary For Arenal, Monteverde, And Manuel Antonio
This is for a 8 day/7 night itinerary to visit Arenal (La Fortuna), Monteverde, and Manuel Antonio. You can easily modify to add extra days in each destination, I would not reduce the days though.
- Day 1 fly into Juan Santamaria International Airport (San Jose, Costa Rica actually in Alajuela) pick up car for drive to La Fortuna (approximately 2 hour drive).
- Day 2 Visit La Fortuna Water Falls
- Day 3 Drive to Monteverde (approximately 4 hour drive)
- Day 4 Sky Trek or Sky Walk with Costa Rica Sky Adventures
- Day 5 Drive to Manuel Antonio (Approximately 3.5 hour drive)
- Day 6 Visit Manuel Antonio National Park
- Day 7 Whitewater rafting
- Day 8 Return to San Jose for your flight home (approximately a 3 hour drive)
You may also prefer to spend the last night closer to San Jose so you are closer to the airport, possibly in the Jaco area.